Blog Archive

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Go Speedracer, Go Speedracer GOOOOOOOO


So, if you have ever lived in Texas, we love to drive...FAST! Well, alot of us do. There is a reasoning behind it, we have the second biggest state and alot of land to cover. So why waste time, Go Fast!
Ok, so Houston is a huge city. It takes For-Ev-Er (think Sandlot)to get across it. You have to plan a vacation just to drive across town because of the highway system and miles to cover. Also, on top of it all, we have alot of different people (from different states and countries)that have different driving standards. So when these driving standards come together, do you know what that spells...HELL!
I live on the northwest side of Houston in a small suburb called Spring/Klein. I go to school at The University of Houston (eat that Ohio State). So to go from Spring to University of Houston I have to go drive on 6 different highways. It can take me 40 minutes to hour and half, depending on traffic, weather and the stupidity of the melting pot!
On a beautiful Saturday morning, and when I say beautiful not hot and humid like it always is. I decided to make a trip to U of H (thats University of Houston for the non-Houston peeps)to take a Stats test. I decided that morning that I needed to get there early to study, since I could use all the help, no comments from Ericfina.So I planned to leave early around 7 since my test was at 11:30. Also, if i haven't mention before, I have a new car. I use to drive a 4 cylinder gold 2000 Honda Accord. Now I drive a 6 cylinder blue 2003 Honda Accord. Hopefully you are getting the idea, more cylinders, more speed, means FAST! I was driving to U of H on the first of 6 highways. Like a genius that I am, I use all 6 cylinders. Highways range 65 to 90 in Houston, thats depending on who is the pace car. So using all 6 cylinders to get to school early and FAST I was going about 80-85 mph. As I am driving, I started to notice that I was a pace car, and thats not good. When I realized that I looked up and say blue and red pretty lights. Yeah I met Mr. Shank-a-patomus himself. The 50 pulled me over and I he asks me, why are you going so fast? I come up with the most genius comment back, "Uhhhhhhhhhhh, I lost track of my speed." Then came to my mind IDIOT! After 15 minutes, I received the golden ticket, to visit the man in the black robe. I guess that is what you get in trying to make a good grade on your test...a speeding ticket going 16 over. Word to the wise, don't be the pace car, or beware of the pace car.

2 comments:

Gumby said...

Hey man about 21 of 38 speeding tickets I got dismissed because I pled not guilty. It turns out that if the po pos don't show up to the court hearing, they have to let you go. And I can't help it. No amount of studying was going to help you any way.

Tricia said...

Don't take advice from Eric (unless it is math...he's a whiz there). He couldn't remember how old he was when we got into an accident once...he kept saying he was 19 and I'm in the background yelling "23!"