Blog Archive

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Christmas Artsy Fartsy

OK, so during Thanksgiving my sister and I were avoiding studying for finals big time. We wanted to contribute to Martha Stewart's (Our Mom) decorating by being creative. So we decide on Thanksgiving to make Rice Krispie House. On Friday, our parents were out running errands and grabbed all the crap to make the house.
So, on Saturday I decide to make the Rice Krispie treat. I spent about 2-3 hours melting butter and marshmallows. No keep in mind, I have never mad marshmallow paste. I am getting this everywhere. Its all over the counters, cooking range and my hands. Needless to say, Martha was starting to think this was a bad idea. After 4 triple batches of rice krispies and sticky hands and having no idea what is going on I was done.
We had 4 walls and a roof ready to go. We started to set up our house, and the walls being still a little warm and not as compressed as they didn't tell me how they should be, The house was collapsing. Now when they say compress I put some pressure in the pan make sure it has uniform. They should of said no air in the mold, put it under a compression machine that you see in shop class compress.
So my sister and I decide to save the house and make it one big block and mold it into a house. So we did and let sit overnight so we can decorate it in the morning. Well, the next morning when we woke up the rice krispie house was a rice krispie mountain all over Martha's table (it was molded on a cardboard wrapped with foil). Yes this wonderful looking house, well good looking with a little doctoring up, it did not even stay on the foil, it was everywhere.
So at this point we took our mound of goopy cereal, and started pounding it on the counter. We were giving it compressions like you would giving someone CPR. After all said and done we had a mold of a house (that should be condemned!) that was not moving.
Now we are ready to decorate the house and it is Sunday. As we finished up molding, my sister had to get back to school for the last week of classes. So we spent a weekend of Artsy Fartsy stuff molding and remolding a rice krispie house just to finally eat it!!! At least it tasted better than what you get at stores. I think we are going to re-conquer the house at a later date.
I would of posted pictures of the mound of Goop but it wasn't even worth while to take the pics. So next time I'll get some pics for ya.

2 comments:

Cody said...

Haha! Awesomeness.

Tricia said...

You shouldn't be allowed in the kitchen.