Blog Archive

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Surprise

Ok, so on April 30 it was our 5 year anniversary. We had plan on taking a long weekend up to a week to go to New Braunfels, TX to go to Schlitterbahn. Schlitterbahn is one of the biggest waterparks in the U.S. So we have been planning on doing this since our last anniversary. Well in November our plans went all the way down the drain for at least a year. Thats when we found out Kristen was pregnant.
So now I had to think of a good gift to give her for our milestone anniversary. Nothing was coming to mind. I let her get a massage but I couldn't leave it at that. So the light turned on when my mom and I were talking. Right when the light went on then my mom said it: "I would be cool if we flew down one of her friends for the the baby shower, like Cody." Thats it, I'm going to do that for our Anniversary/one of her baby gifts. So the pursuit was on, I talked to Cody and she gave it a go. I found the tickets and it was on.
As I was trying to plan the week for her and Cody to hang out. Kristen's delightful boss decides to make her close 6 days within a two week period. I tell Kristen she has to close tuesday to make up for one of the closes and get wednesday and thursday off. Well she fought me with this one cause her delightful manager will not move the schedule unless it is on her acccord. Well after a bicker and a argue, Kristen asks me what is it for. I told her that we were going to visit her mom one night, who is in town for a few weeks. Then we were going to a rockets game thursday night cause I got tickets (yeah it was a fib I told her, Ok I lied to my wife, get off my back!). So after a while, she called me back telling me her manager did switch with her.
Well this wonderful manager is the BIGGEST DOWNER IN THE WORLD! She tells Kristen that there wasn't a Rockets game on thursday, which is today. Kristen doesn't check and finally tells me what her manager said. I remained quiet because I thought I had my days backwards. Finals will do that to ya. So she apoligizes and she know she is getting a gift on Thursday. But I was smarter than that, its coming on Tuesday! Ah Hah! So over the weekend Sean (for those who don't know who Sean is thats Kristen's brother) calls up and needs someone to pick up Kristen's mom. Well Kristen gets off Tuesday night to pick up her mom. Tuesday was the day that Cody was coming into town. So I was little freaked, but fortunately for me we live in a big city that has two airports and they were both coming in in each airport.
So Tuesday came and it all fell into place. Only thing that didn't was Kristen's lack of patience and wanted me to be there when her mom and her arrived at Sean's apartment. I told her I was running late. At this point I learned surprises make you lie alot! Oh well, i'll repent later and say my hail mary's!
Well I picked Cody up and took her over to Sean's house. As I arrived, like always I forget the code to get into Sean's complex. I call Kristen up and ask for the code. As the gate was opening up I told Kristen to come out the car. She asked why and said no. Side note: Sean and Juliet know that I'm surprising Kristen with Cody. So as she says no, they ask why are you saying no and Kristen tells them why. Sean and Juliet say, "just go out, he might have a present for you." Kristen says, "he is not that smooth!" Normally I might not but today, Gotcha! So she finally says, "Ok." So we parked right in front of the pathway where she would walk up. As she walks up she notice far away that a person is in the car. As she walks closer her look gets really pissed off. The look like she is going to rip my head off. I found out later it was because she can see a girl in the car with me. Then as she gets within 10 feet of the car she notices it is Cody. She went from riping my head off pissed to I love you in .5 seconds. She jumped up and down, and picture this she is 7 months pregnant while jumping up and down. Cody and I were laughing our heads off!
So for about 2-3 weeks Kristen had no idea about Cody coming into town for her baby shower. SURPRISE!!!
I will post pictures later of Kristen and Cody and maybe the baby shower.

2 comments:

Tricia said...

good job Mike!! I would have lost it a long time ago...she's so stubborn (and dare I say it a bit pigheaded sometimes?). That's a really thoughtful gift...I would have loved to see her jumping up and down.

Cody said...

I am soooo glad that you invited me down to hang with you guys! I had tons of fun and hope you had fun with me too!