Blog Archive

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Hurricane Ike a month later

I know its been a while since my last post, so here it goes. So as most of you know we went through a major hurricane about 3 weeks ago. It was kind of cool to experience but sucked afterwards. The devastation was insane. Where we live in Houston there are alot of huge pine trees. We saw alot of those pines on houses, on power lines and blocking roads. We didn't have power for about a week and half.
In the end what made me mad about the whole hurricane was the sports world. We got screwed when it comes to all the games we had when Ike decided to show his face. First off the Astros, well they decide to play the home games, and I mean home games in Milwaukee. Ok I understand we had a major hurricane but Milwaukee. There are closer ballparks around the area. There is a ballpark up in Dallas where the Rangers play. There is a ballpark in Round Rock, TX (near Austin)where the AAA team plays. The commisioner picks a ball park across the U.S.,which is right next to the visiting teams home town (Chicago). Yeah Houston went on a losing streak. Major League Baseball Commisioner is a complete moron!
Then my college decides to move our home game. Not another week, but to another city the weekend of the hurricane. Come on now, we, at the time, were preparing for a hurricane. I get free tickets to the game and then they move the game, Jerkheads.
Last, the texans, what an embarassment. Due to Ike they finally had their first home game of the season. They give up 10 points in the last 4-5 minutes. I blame Ike!!! I also blame stupidity.
So Ike jacked up the sports world here in Houston and jacked up everything else.

2 comments:

Cody said...

Sounds like you need a vacation...like to Florida or some crazy place like that.

Tricia said...

I agree with Marco...you need a vacation. Because sports are the thing to really be bothered about. Just kidding. So, do you think Houston is still the place to be? Just curious b/c there are a lot of people here that hate San Antonio (they all say it's changed since Katrina). Eric is still gung-ho about Houston (mainly for the sports teams...go figure:)). Has it changed a lot since high school? I'm worried it won't be the same Houston I remember. What do you think?